Monday, March 24, 2008

They take the cake


So, one of the crafty bits I've been most excited to take on is the construction of a wedding topper. One of my favorites -- and, somewhat surprisingly, Kyle's -- are these Patch NYC toppers. They are, of course, totally out of my price range at $500, but I think I can do something similar to them out of pipe cleaners. Looks like I'm not alone in that thought.

So, yeah, I think I'm going to pursuing creating something out of pipe cleaners or wooden clothespins -- I'm still trying to decide. I've found these and these to be particularly inspiring (and more reflective of our short 'n' chubby body types than the willowy ones from Patch NYC), so I might have to do some experimenting.

Oh, but get this: during my hunting, I found these. Whoa. Give the groom brown hair and a beard, and this could be Kyle and I. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, $500 for pipe cleaners?! Proves that businesspeople know brides are out of their damn minds. They are cute, though. But actually, I think I like the clothespin ones better and I'm sure you can make something just as cool.